Organic Search Engine Marketing
Prices based on £45/hr (+ vat). Packages available.
Summary: The main goal of search engine marketing is to create a targeted flow of incoming traffic to your website, generated by people using google or other search engines. The most important data to have at the outset is a pool of key search-phrases, which are used or likely to be used to find the products or services that you offer. This ‘search phrase pool’ becomes integrated and into the website’s structure, navigation, design and content in different degrees, in order to influence & optimise the website’s position in search engines.
Detail: Organic search engine marketing looks after the non-paid listings in search engines such as Google. These are the listings you find underneath the top listings which are typically adverts generated by Pay-Per-Click marketing services.
Non pay-per-click search engine marketing services achieve results by manipulating elements within the website itself (on-site search marketing) and also elements external to the website (off-site search marketing).
typically, On-site Search Marketing works by making the website as compliant to industry standards and attractive to the google search ranking algorithm (and other search engines) as possible, and takes into account improvements such as:
- Global website setup and configuration optimisation
- Improvements to the website hosting environment
- Internal linking structure of the website
- Optimisation of on-page content such as copy and pictures (often referred to as search engine optimisation)
- Identifying key search phrase categories and ensuring the the website copy reflects the target market and audience
- Regular and search-phrase targeted blog marketing
- Copy writing, photography, video and graphic design, to generate PR content for blogging and web pages
- Optimisation of product or service descriptions, honed for search
- Plan future improvements and goals by using analytics software to monitor progress
- Structure of the website & pages
- Non-visible elements
- Menu, Navigation and navigational links
- Headers and styling of the pages
- Page authority
- Page URL’s (the web address of each page)
Off-site Search Engine Marketing works by influencing external factors to the website such as:
- Backlinks – (External, inbound links) from external websites, directories and blogs, pointing to your website pages
- Social media backlinks – references in social media channels, pointing back to your website pages
- Using the RSS feed generated by your blog to feed your PR into external RSS readers & blogging websites
- Examining the use of search key phrases within backlinks, where possible
- Management of google accounts, google webmaster tools & other search engine profile accounts
- Using YouTube to promote product videos, video tours and projects as embedded and linked media
- Using push marketing techniques, such as email marketing, to encourage visits and linking to the website
- Use of data analytics software to analyse visitors and monitor search engine marketing progress